Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Little updates

Jerry fixed the furnace for us just in time for the March 2010 endurance ride. It is wonderful to have heat now when we are camping!

On our drive to the Klickitat Trek endurance ride (June 2010), the wind was so bad heading over that it put some tears in the fiberglass on the front piece meant to protect the glass, and also ripped off one of our vent covers. Of course it rained this weekend, putting the pressure on us to get it fixed right away.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Update on Jet and Fanny

It's been a long time since I posted on this blog, so here's an update;

We sold Fanny to Matt's dad.

Jet has made it out to three endurance rides this year and kept us all sane and comfortable. Unfortunately when filling the water tanks for one trip we discovered a leak in the pipe(s) so that is one more thing to fix. We had a lot of work to do on the wiring to begin with but it's road-safe and worthy now. We ended up getting the title too! All's well that ends well.

Thursday, January 24, 2008


Good news! Mr. Wallace found his paperwork so we were able to register Jet in our name and get new tabs. The other wonderful news is that the former owners of Fanny have signed off their interest in the trailer so once I can afford it, I have what I need to get the paperwork updated on that trailer also. Then we plan to sell it.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jet, Fanny's competition

Well Fanny has some competition now because we found another travel trailer which we think will work out better for us to take camping. This newer one seems solid and clean and we purchased it from an older gentleman. He thought he had the title but now he can't find it so I took the bill of sale and license plate number down to the court house and was informed that it is a 1973 Jet. That sounds pretty cool. I was tempted to name it the #2 trailer, however its colors are brown and that just seems wrong. So I guess we will call it Jet. Last registered owner is some guy named David Cloke in Prescott, so I will have to do some detective work to try and get a hold of him to sign off his interest in the trailer if Mr. Wallace can't find his title for it. How did I get in this predicament again!? Updates to follow as we test out what works in Jet. We plan to switch tires on the trailers also since the ones on Fanny are new and Jet has a mismatched pair on the one side.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Still no title

Well I have been making a half-hearted attempt to get the second bill of sale from Shane, with no success. What I need is a bill of sale from the original owner who lost the title, so I can file for lost title and move on with the ownership paper trail. Sigh.

No work has been done to Fanny since we removed the carpet and tore out the paneling to discover we need to rebuild the entire front structure. Double sigh.

I am still hoping to have Fanny in working order and ready for the road by the end of March. We'll see....

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Work Day

Updates on work today;
Four-wheel brakes
Good bearings
Good tires
Running gear looks fine for this trip
Found battery and box at Jerry's house, will see if it works
Roof collects water and is bowed in pretty bad but no obvious leaks
Trying to get down to basic structure to repair in the front and around the door and back step
Quick patch job on paneling, will do more later.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A mess!

Yesterday Matt decided to tear out some paneling in the trailer to see what the extent of the water damage really was. Perhaps this was a good idea, or perhaps it was a mistake considering we need to use it in another week. Matt found some wood that was nearly black from rot, and some other areas where a knot in the wood was creating quite a weak spot. We are hoping to fix Fanny enough to get by, and also take a look at the bearings.